Loved photographing him!
Omaha Newborn baby photographer
Meet Evan! He was a sweet little guy and the youngest boy! He has two older brothers!! All so adorable
She gave me a run for the money! But, I seem to always win this game! She has the sweetest little face!
so enjoyed sweet little Lilly and her family! So fun to see new parents!
Sweet baby Aria! Her Mama was a pregnancy model for me! I loved photographing her! She is one of the cutest babies I have seen!
It’s very hard when your baby is crying and you don’t know why or what to do. Believe it or not, your baby will sense your emotions. They will know when you are frustrated then it becomes a circle of emotions between the two of you.
Every baby is different BUT they ALL cry, it’s how they communicate, it’s the only way they can they can’t speak. At first, it may be difficult to determine the different cries and what baby needs from you. Are they tired, dirty diaper, hungry, in pain, gassy or over stimulated? Take a deep breath and relax so you can better hear what your baby needs. NEVER EVER shake your baby.
NEVER NEVER shake a baby
Shaken Baby Syndrome occurs when a baby is shaken. The blood vessels in a baby’s head cannot tolerate the impact of shaking and can break.
- Each year about 1,000 children die from Shaken Baby Syndrome.
- Death, brain damage, mental retardation, seizures, or blindness may result from shaking a baby.
- Shaking usually happens when parents or caregivers become frustrated or angry when they are not able to stop the baby from crying.
- Shaken baby syndrome is 100% preventable.
Source:American Academy of Pediatrics
If you are frustrated take a ‘time-out’. Take a few deep breaths, count to ten, or put baby down and walk around the house or sit for a minute. Play some classical music.
There are 5 S’s to help soothe baby that mimic the womb.
- Swaddling babies like to be snug, they were just in the belly not long ago and like to be cozy. So swaddle your baby so they feel secure. There are some swaddle blankets that make it very easy to swaddle.
- Side laying hold your baby so they are on their side and rock them a little. Do this while they are swaddled otherwise they will be flaying around and not feel secure.
- Shushing create a white noise to drown out other noises. You can also run the vacuum or hair dryer.
- Swinging create a rhythm/motion such as a ride in the car, stroller, a baby swing, rocking baby and standing holding and rocking baby.
- Sucking babies like to suck, it soothes them. A pacifier is great for this or the tip of a clean finger can help too.
Talk to you baby and hold them tight. Use a calm voice and shush. These are some great techniques that will help you with soothing your baby.
We are offering digital birth announcements! This is a fun way to show off your new baby! It’s fast, easy and postage free!
Meet sweet Lillian! She is the first born to her proud parents! I have so many great images from her newborn session! I love being a Newborn Photographer in Omaha! All the cute babies are born here! I am greatful for the opportunity to photograph these precious new little lives!
Loved this sweet boy! He was awake for a little bit during our newborn session! But, look at those big brown eyes!
Sugar and spice and everything nice…that is what little girls are made of!!
I loved photographing these sweet little girls! Big sister was so happy to be a sister! I loved this newborn session!